Wolf General Any Weapon Season
8/30/2014 - 3/31/2015
- Gray Wolf (Canis lupus)
- Either-sex Wolf
- Either sex may be taken.
- Any Weapon
- Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader, Shotgun, or Handgun.
Hunting is closed when harvest limit of 60 wolves is reached.
- Sawtooth Zone
- All of Units 33, 34, 35, 36 and 39. Area Size: 3,190,169 acres
No historical hunts resemble this hunt or harvest statistics are not currently available for this opportunity.
Tags, Permits & Fees
Resident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Adult Wolf Tag $11.50 2015
- Adult Wolf Tag $11.50 2014
NonResident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Adult Wolf Tag $31.75 2015
- Adult Wolf Tag $31.75 2014
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS) 75.64%|
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) 4.82%|
|State of Idaho 4.31%|
|U.S. Bureau of Reclamation (BOR) 1.74%|
|U.S. Military 0.09%|
|U.S. Corps of Engineers (COE) 0%|
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish and Game program designed to improve hunting and fishing access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
- Sawtooth Wilderness 217,589 acres (6.82% of hunt area)
- Frank Church - River of No Return Wilderness 108,376 acres (3.4% of hunt area)
- White Clouds Wilderness 50,821 acres (1.59% of hunt area)
Land Use/Land Cover
|Forest 76.73 %|
|Rangeland 20.46 %|
|Irrigated-Gravity Flow 0.91 %|
|Riparian 0.68 %|
|Urban 0.46 %|
|Irrigated-Sprinkler 0.33 %|
|Water 0.25 %|
|Dryland Agriculture 0.17 %|
1990 Land Use/Land Cover based on Anderson et al scheme via Idaho Department of Water Resources