That portion of Unit 44 east of the Fairfield-Couch Summit-Five Points Road, and all of Units 48 and 49.44 48 49
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS) 45.53%|
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) 21.21%|
|State of Idaho 4.62%|
|U.S. National Park Service (NPS) 0.08%|
|U.S. Bureau of Reclamation (BOR) 0%|
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish and Game program designed to improve hunting and fishing access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
- Dry Creek Cattle Assn.
- Wood River Land Trust - Draper Wood River Preserve
- Wood River Land Trust - Porcupine Creek Preserve
- Wood River Land Trust - Cowcatcher Ridge
- Lava Lake Land & Livestock
- Muldoon Grazing Assoc.
- Flat Top Sheep Co.
- Fish Creek Angus
- The Nature Conservency - Fish Creek
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
- Hemingway-Boulders Wilderness 26,091 acres (2.53% of hunt area)
Land Use/Land Cover
|Rangeland 68.9 %|
|Forest 18.4 %|
|Irrigated-Gravity Flow 5.81 %|
|Dryland Agriculture 2.82 %|
|Irrigated-Sprinkler 2.32 %|
|Riparian 1.59 %|
|Rock 0.11 %|
|Urban 0.06 %|