Wolf General Any Weapon Season
Island Park Zone
8/30/2012 - 1/31/2013
- Gray Wolf (Canis lupus)
- Either-sex Wolf
- Either sex may be taken.
- Any Weapon
- Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader, Shotgun, or Handgun.
- Motorized Hunting Rule (MHR): Motorized vehicle use as an aid to hunting for wildlife is restricted to established roadways open to motorized vehicle traffic capable of travel by full-sized automobiles. A full-size automobile shall be defined as any motorized vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) in excess of 1,500 lbs. Find out more information about hunting with ATVs and the Motor Hunting Restriction at fishgame.idaho.gov/cms/hunt/atv/
Hunting is closed when harvest limit of 30 wolves is reached. Motorized Vehicle Restriction.
- Island Park Zone
- All of Units 60, 60A, 61, 62, 62A, 64, 65, 67. Area Size: 2,483,065 acres
No historical hunts resemble this hunt or harvest statistics are not currently available for this opportunity.
Tags, Permits & Fees
Resident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Adult Wolf Tag $11.50 2013
- Adult Wolf Tag $11.50 2012
NonResident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Adult Wolf Tag $31.75 2013
- Adult Wolf Tag $31.75 2012
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS) 39.1%|
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) 11.46%|
|State of Idaho 8.42%|
|U.S. Bureau of Reclamation (BOR) 0.79%|
|U.S. National Wildlife Refuge 0%|
|U.S. National Park Service (NPS) 0%|
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish and Game program designed to improve hunting and fishing access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
No National Forest lands overlap this hunt area.
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
There are no wilderness areas in this hunt.
Land Use/Land Cover
1990 Land Use/Land Cover based on Anderson et al scheme via Idaho Department of Water Resources
Lodging, Camping, Restaurants & Other Services
- No services available