The user is intermittently unable to open ArcGIS (local installation) and connect to license server. The following error is presented:
The License server manager (lmgrd) has not been started yet, the wrong port@host or license file is being used, or the port or hostname in the license file has been changed.
FLEXnet Licensing error: -15,570
The cause seems to be that the default timeout setting for the FLEXLM license manager is 2-seconds. Which is more than ample on a LAN, but less than ideal on slower VPN’s, or DSL connections.
Solution can be found from this source http://blog.openlm.com/?p=321(referred to on several occasions). However, I would HIGHLY recommend that if this is indeed the patch, that we create a script for our clients to run rather than follow these steps.
- Right click My Computer and choose properties.
- On system property dialogue box choose advanced tab.
- Click on the environment Variables
- On environment variable dialogue box choose system variables field and hit the new button
- A new system variable dialogue box with two fields appears; put “FLEXLM_TIMEOUT” in variable name and put 1000000 in variable value field
- Click OK on all three dialogue boxes to close them
What is this?
We use the IFWIS Blog to keep our staff, cooperators and the public updated on what we are working on, what's new and share tips about using our software and website.
The content of the IFWIS Blog is often highly technical, but we try our best to keep our posts accessible and jargon-free. When this is not possible, we'll link to other resources online to provide background. Thanks for reading and please follow our blog for updates.
- IFWIS RSS Feed
- Daily Email Digest (All Public Content)
- Or follow just one of the many topic-specific tag feeds or pages below.
- 1 of 6