The Idaho Fish and Wildlife Information System (IFWIS) is the most comprehensive repository for site-specific data on Idaho’s fish, wildlife and plant diversity. IFWIS is a member of NatureServe and houses Idaho’s Natural Heritage data. In addition to more common species, IFWIS tracks species that are identified as having special conservation status in the following lists.
- Species of Greatest Conservation Need (SGCN) identified in Idaho’s Comprehensive Wildlife Conservation Strategy.
- Species listed under the Endangered Species Act (ESA) as endangered, threatened, candidate or proposed.
- US BLM Species of Special Concern.
- US Forest Service Intermountain Region Sensitive Species.
- US Forest Service Northern Region Sensitive Species.
- Idaho Native Plant Society rare plant species.
Acronyms and code definitions used by the Idaho Natural Heritage Program (IDNHP) and IFWIS can be downloaded in viewed in this workbook.