- Species Diversity
Let us make this easy.
We're trying to make it easier for you to keep on top of what we are working on here at IFWIS. Our work is not just to compile Natural Resources data, but to make it more open, accessible, and well, yours.
We've just started this process with our new Roadkill App. Stripped of any personal details, save your username, all uploaded data are instantaneously available at http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/ifwis/core/view/roadkills where you are free to query, reuse and remix:
- Query - Build customized queries on a road segment, species or time period.
- Reuse - View and share submissions in real-time in a variety of open formats including HTML, JSON, RSS, KML and more.
- Remix - Take these formats and make something: embed them on a map, display them on your blog, or even build an app for your phone or webpage.
We are just getting started. Over the next year we'll be opening up
more data streams via the IFWIS Core API to allow you to remix, reuse and download IFWIS data and we needed a way to tell you about it. Which brings us to this post.
We feed. You follow.
We've just started this little IFWIS Blog, but we realize that our projects, tastes and interest are pretty diverse. Though you are welcome to follow all our posts via RSS or email subscriptions, we expect the chatter - ranging from web server configs to PIT tagging - will get a little overwhelming. To that end, we just added RSS Feeds for any tag (the keyword kind) and posted them in sidebar of the IFWIS Blog. So if your passion *is* roadkill, you can follow those posts via RSS or HTML without all the extra noise.
Posted by idfg-bthomas at 02/05/2011 in
What is this?
We use the IFWIS Blog to keep our staff, cooperators and the public updated on what we are working on, what's new and share tips about using our software and website.
The content of the IFWIS Blog is often highly technical, but we try our best to keep our posts accessible and jargon-free. When this is not possible, we'll link to other resources online to provide background. Thanks for reading and please follow our blog for updates.
- IFWIS RSS Feed
- Daily Email Digest (All Public Content)
- Or follow just one of the many topic-specific tag feeds or pages below.