2013 Fire Season Updates:
- 11/6/2013 - Fire closures reduced for Elk Complex Fire (USFS Order #042-01-52). Areas still closed include: the Dog Creek Area (closed to all public access), Danskin Area (closed to motorized and mechanized access), and Wilson Trail System (closed to motorized and mechanized access).
- 11/4/2013 - Fire closures for the Beaver Creek Fire on BLM land have been reduced. Trails and roads in the Beaver Creek Fire Closure area that have been reopened. This includes trails associated with the Adams Gulch, Lake Creek, Fox Creek, Chocolate Gulch, and Oregon Gulch Trailheads (Forest Trail numbers 317, 146, 159, 143, 316, 142, 839, 323, 149, 312, 303, and 326; also Forest Trail 328 (within the Bald Mountain permit area), and Warm Springs Road #227 from the National Forest Boundary to Rooks Creek.
- 10/2/2013 - Road closures for Kelley Fire removed. Weiser Complex Closure Area removed, road closure added.
- 9/27/2013 - Fire closures reduced for the Beaver Creek Fire (USFS Order #041-03-027) and the Kelley Fire (USFS Order #0414-05-42). The Little Queens Fire Closure has been rescinded with the exception of two Forest roads in the immediate area of the burn.
- 9/18/2013 - Fire closures reduced for Elk Complex Fire (USFS Order #0402-01-51) and Weiser Complex (USFS Order #0412-455). Gold Pan, Lake Complex, Papoose, Thunder City, Lodgepole, Howard terminated.
- 9/11/2013 - New reduced closure for Kelley Fire (USFS Order#0414-05-041). Termination of Ridge Fire Trail Closure (USFS Order #0402-05-50). Stage 1 Fire Restrictions terminated on the Boise National Forest, Sawtooth National Forest, and Payette National Forest.
- 9/9/2013 - Nez Perce and Weiser Complex Closures reduced.
- 9/4/2013 - Kelley Fire Closure Expanded, Nez Perce Closure added.
- 9/3/2013 - Beaver Creek, Gold Pan, Little Queens Closures Reduced. Ridge Fire, Weiser Complex Closures added.
- 8/30/2013 - Beaver Creek BLM Closure Area reduced (BLM Order 8/30/2013).
- 8/29/2013 - Kelley Fire Closure Area added (USFS Order#0414-05-038). Lodgepole Fire Closure reduced (USFS Order #04-13-13-556).
- 8/27/2013 - BLM Beaver Creek Closure reduced.
- 8/23/2013 - Howard Fire Trail Closure (USFS Order #0412-0452) and Lake Complex Trail Closure (USFS Order #13_D5_NP_08) added.
- 8/23/2013 - Little Queens Closure updated (USFS Order #0402-00-31). Beaver Creek Fire Closure for Fairfield Ranger District, Sawtooth NF added (USFS Order #0414-05-037). Thunder City Area Closure added, Trail Closure Removed (USGS Order #0412-451). Elk Fire Closure Reduced (USFS Order #0402-01-50). Fairfield Ranger District closure order lifted.
- 8/19/2013 - Little Queens Closure added. Lodgepole Closure reduced.
- 8/17/2013 - Gold Pan Fire Closure (approximate boundary) added.
- 8/17/2013 - Lodgepole, Papoose and Thunder City Closures added.
- 8/16/2013 - Beaver Creek Fire BLM Closures added.
- 8/16/2013 - Beaver Creek Fire Closure extended.
- 8/13/2013 - Fairfield and Beaver Creek Fire Closures added.
- 8/13/2013 - Boise National Forest, Elk Complex Closure added.
2012 Fire Season Updates:
- 10/31/2012 - All Fire Area Closures lifted. This layer archived with closures on 10/19/2012.
- 10/19/2012 - Powell SBW East and West Closures removed.
- 10/18/2012 - McGuire, Halstead and Sheep Fire Closures removed.
- 10/9/2012 - Halstead Closure reduced.
- 10/2/2012 - Trinity Ridge and Sheep Fire Area Closures updated.
- 10/1/2012 - Wesley and Powell Sbw Closures updated.
- 9/20/2012 - Porcupine Closure 12-D4-62 added.
- 9/19/2012 - Wesley Closure updated, Mustang Closures 533 and 534 terminated.
- 9/17/2012 - Closure descriptions updated for McGuire and Porcupine Complex Fire Closures. Digitizing on HWY 93 between North Fork and Montana line refined.
- 9/14/2012 - Halstead and Trinity Ridge perimeters reduced. Mustang Complex perimeter expanded. Goat/Ditch, McGuire, Porcupine, Powell Sbw, Sheep Fire Closures added. Links to InciWeb and closure dates now available in popup bubble for each fire.
- 9/12/2012 - Wesley Fire Emergency Closure added.
- 9/06/2012 - Trinity Ridge Fire Emergency Closure update. Zipped shapefile added to downloads.
- 8/31/2012 - Trinity Ridge Fire Emergency Closure update.
What is this?
We use the IFWIS Blog to keep our staff, cooperators and the public updated on what we are working on, what's new and share tips about using our software and website.
The content of the IFWIS Blog is often highly technical, but we try our best to keep our posts accessible and jargon-free. When this is not possible, we'll link to other resources online to provide background. Thanks for reading and please follow our blog for updates.
- IFWIS RSS Feed
- Daily Email Digest (All Public Content)
- Or follow just one of the many topic-specific tag feeds or pages below.