- Species Diversity
- Technical Reports
Display BLM PLSS (township, range, section) & USGS Quadrangle data in Google Earth using Earth Survey Tools
Have you ever been looking for a feature in Google Earth & thought, boy this would be so much easier if I could search for it by township, range, section. Well, now you can! Just use the Earth Survey Plugin (ESPlugin).
What all does the Earth Survey Plugin have to offer:
- Section Geocoder: search by point or township,range, section. Link to the BLM General Land Office records webpage which provides "live access to Federal land conveyance records for the Public Land States, including image access to more than five million Federal land title records issued between 1820 and the present. [They] also have images related to survey plats and field notes, dating back to 1810."
- Address Geocoder: get address information for placemarks and add, customize, and save placemark data.
- Overlays: drive-time (5, 10, and 15 minute) polygons; BLM townships, principal meridians, and special surveys; USGS quadrangle index and topo maps.
- Layers: borders (counties, states, etc.), roads, buildings (not available in all cities), trees (not available in all cities), and terrain
Check out all of Earth Survey's tools at: http://www.metzgerwillard.us/EarthSurvey.html
Posted by idfg-pbond at 01/25/2013 in
What is this?
We use the IFWIS Blog to keep our staff, cooperators and the public updated on what we are working on, what's new and share tips about using our software and website.
The content of the IFWIS Blog is often highly technical, but we try our best to keep our posts accessible and jargon-free. When this is not possible, we'll link to other resources online to provide background. Thanks for reading and please follow our blog for updates.
- IFWIS RSS Feed
- Daily Email Digest (All Public Content)
- Or follow just one of the many topic-specific tag feeds or pages below.
- 1 of 6