- Species Diversity
- Technical Reports
Making Copies with a HP DesignJet 5000ps (Queue Management)
At my old job making copies on the plotter was a piece of cake. You went into the Queue, selected the job and number of copies and presto! For some reason, possibly because I hardly make paper maps anymore, learning queue management on the DesignJet 5000ps did not come intuitively.
My latest map kept running out of memory on the plotter, so when it finally did print after spooling for three hours, I had the incentive I needed to explore the DesignJet 5000ps menus.
I must admit that I have waited five years and wasted the total of several days spooling print jobs. It isn't even complicated.
Starting at the Main Menu (use "Top" key to make sure you are at the Main Menu)
- Press the "ENTER" button (this will select the first option "Printing")
- Highlight "Queueing & Nesting..." and press "ENTER"
- Highlight "Queue Management" and press "ENTER"
- Highlight the job number (These are negative numbers in the order last printed. Select "-1" for the last job.)
- Highlight "Copies = 0..." and Press "ENTER"
- Highlight the number of copies you want in the Copies Menu and Press "ENTER"
- Press the "BACK" button to return to the Job Menu (Titled "-1:" in this example)
- Highlight "Move to Top" and Press "ENTER"
The plotter should start warming up and printing will begin almost immediately. Best yet, it will continue to print with no interruption for processing.
I just made three copies of a 36"x60" shaded relief poster in the time it took to type this out.
Posted by idfg-bthomas at 04/08/2008 in
What is this?
We use the IFWIS Blog to keep our staff, cooperators and the public updated on what we are working on, what's new and share tips about using our software and website.
The content of the IFWIS Blog is often highly technical, but we try our best to keep our posts accessible and jargon-free. When this is not possible, we'll link to other resources online to provide background. Thanks for reading and please follow our blog for updates.
- IFWIS RSS Feed
- Daily Email Digest (All Public Content)
- Or follow just one of the many topic-specific tag feeds or pages below.
- 1 of 6