- Species Diversity
- Technical Reports
Improved Huntplanner Map Center
Since we first launched the Huntplanner in 2003 we've received a lot of feedback from hunters and other outdoor enthusiasts. Along with your bouquets and brickbats, we receive many great ideas to improve the Huntplanner Map Center.
In this release, our third complete re-write of the Huntplanner Map Center, we've focused on adding the most requested features from your letters:
- Improved display and interactivity on mobile phones and tablets
- Transparency sliders to toggle the opacity of layers
- Create PDF maps for printing and sharing
- Tools to draw on the map and add notes
- Placename and coordinate search
- Measuring tools for distance and area
- More basemap options
- Controlled Hunt overlays by Species
- Areas closed to Hunting
- Geolocation to show your location on the map
We've added all these new features while retaining the existing functionality.
We recognize this is a new product. There will be bugs to work out and adjustments. While we're smoothing the rough edges, the classic Map Center will remain available. We've already received some great feedback from hunters that has helped us improve the new Map Center. If you have ideas or suggestions to make the Map Center better, please let us know!
Posted by idfg-pbond at 07/28/2014
What is this?
We use the IFWIS Blog to keep our staff, cooperators and the public updated on what we are working on, what's new and share tips about using our software and website.
The content of the IFWIS Blog is often highly technical, but we try our best to keep our posts accessible and jargon-free. When this is not possible, we'll link to other resources online to provide background. Thanks for reading and please follow our blog for updates.
- IFWIS RSS Feed
- Daily Email Digest (All Public Content)
- Or follow just one of the many topic-specific tag feeds or pages below.
- 1 of 7