Font problems with your ArcMap exports?
When you need to export a PDF, EMF, EPS, AI or other vectorized graphic for a report or other format, you will inevitably run into the fonts problem. Especially when collaborating.
Here's a fix for you to consider.
When exporting your map, you click "File --> Export Map" The following dialog appears (this one for PDF export). The options available change depending on the export type, but the options to look for typically are always available:
This screen shot is from ArcMap 10, but the properties are similar in previous versions. Look for the following checkboxes, and mark them:
- Embed all document fonts
- this will keep the funny fonts you might have loaded on your machine within the document
- Convert Marker Symbols to Polygons
- this makes your graphic more portable between machines with different configurations
That's it. Your exports shouldn't give you and your collaborators a font headache if you use these steps.
What is this?
We use the IFWIS Blog to keep our staff, cooperators and the public updated on what we are working on, what's new and share tips about using our software and website.
The content of the IFWIS Blog is often highly technical, but we try our best to keep our posts accessible and jargon-free. When this is not possible, we'll link to other resources online to provide background. Thanks for reading and please follow our blog for updates.
- IFWIS RSS Feed
- Daily Email Digest (All Public Content)
- Or follow just one of the many topic-specific tag feeds or pages below.
- 1 of 6