- Species Diversity
- Technical Reports
Create a Buffer for a KML in Google Earth
Create a user-defined buffer around point, line, or polygon KMLs has never been easier!
1) Make sure that your Google Earth data is saved as a KML, not KMZ
2) Open this website: http://www.geo-news.net/index_buffer.php
3) Select your buffer type (line, point, or polygon)
4) Select the KML you would like to buffer and choose a buffer distance (in meters). Click the globe with the up arrow to upload your KML file.
5) A new KML will be created and available via a link at the top of the screen.
6) Click the link, save the KML to a location of your choosing and open in Google Earth!
Posted by idfg-pbond at 02/19/2013 in
What is this?
We use the IFWIS Blog to keep our staff, cooperators and the public updated on what we are working on, what's new and share tips about using our software and website.
The content of the IFWIS Blog is often highly technical, but we try our best to keep our posts accessible and jargon-free. When this is not possible, we'll link to other resources online to provide background. Thanks for reading and please follow our blog for updates.
- IFWIS RSS Feed
- Daily Email Digest (All Public Content)
- Or follow just one of the many topic-specific tag feeds or pages below.