- Species Diversity
ArcMap 10 Add-ins - Accessing the new LayerFetcher Tools
Add-ins are the new way to deploy and access ArcMap 10 custom applications and tools. There is a new and improved version of the LayerFetcher tools developed as an ArcMap 10 Add-in. All you have to do to access the new LayerFetcher application is reference the network folder where it is located and turn on the toolbar. To add the LayerFetcher , do the following:
1) Click Customize on the top menu bar in ArcMap 10 then click Add-In Manager.
2) Click click the Options tab then click the Add Folder button.
3) Navigate to Q:\IFWIS\AddIns and click OK. Then close Add-In Manager.
4) Click Customize then Tool Bars and check on the IDFG LayerFetcher Tools.
That’s it! No installation programs, no copying files. And you only have to do the first three steps once. Any other tools we place in this folder will automatically be available to you. Just check on the tool bar. Any updates we do to existing Add-ins will be available without you doing anything.
If you find other Add-Ins that you would like to use, you can create your own AddIns folder in you folder on the Q:\ drive. Just save the Add-in to that folder, and then follow the same steps listed above to reference it in the Add-ins Manager.
You can dock the LayerFetcher toolbar and LayerFetcher window anywhere on the main ArcMap window.
Posted by idfg-twilliams at 07/05/2011 in
What is this?
We use the IFWIS Blog to keep our staff, cooperators and the public updated on what we are working on, what's new and share tips about using our software and website.
The content of the IFWIS Blog is often highly technical, but we try our best to keep our posts accessible and jargon-free. When this is not possible, we'll link to other resources online to provide background. Thanks for reading and please follow our blog for updates.
- IFWIS RSS Feed
- Daily Email Digest (All Public Content)
- Or follow just one of the many topic-specific tag feeds or pages below.