- Species Diversity
ArcGIS 10.2 Desktop Installation
Uninstall Previous Version
If you have any previous version of ArcGIS installed on your computer, you will need to uninstall before proceeding. [UPDATE 3/25/2015 - For 10.2.2 forward uninstall is not required]
- From the start menu, select Control Panel. Under Programs, select Uninstall program.
- Select ArcGIS from the program list, then click Uninstall/Change.
- Select Uninstall, then OK -> OK
Installing ArcGIS Desktop
Locate the the install program in
1) Open the Desktop folder and double click the setup application.
2) Accept the license agreement and click Next.
3) Keep the default options and click Next until the installation begins. The install should take about 30 minutes. Click Finish.
The ArcGIS Administrator Wizard window will come up automatically.
- Under 1. Select a Product, select Basic (ArcView) Concurrent Use.
- Under 2. Define a License Manager, select Define a License Manager Now.
- In the box below, type IFWISARC.
- Click OK -> OK.
You are done! For instrustructions on accessing the LayerFetcher Tools click here. It takes two minutes. This has not changed from 10.0.
Posted by idfg-twilliams at 12/13/2012 in
What is this?
We use the IFWIS Blog to keep our staff, cooperators and the public updated on what we are working on, what's new and share tips about using our software and website.
The content of the IFWIS Blog is often highly technical, but we try our best to keep our posts accessible and jargon-free. When this is not possible, we'll link to other resources online to provide background. Thanks for reading and please follow our blog for updates.
- IFWIS RSS Feed
- Daily Email Digest (All Public Content)
- Or follow just one of the many topic-specific tag feeds or pages below.