Wolf General Any Weapon Season
Units 29, 36A, 37, 37A, 43, 44, 50, 51
11/15/2014 - 3/31/2015
- Gray Wolf (Canis lupus)
- Either-sex Wolf
- Either sex may be taken.
- Open to Trapping, Closed to Hunting.
Trapping Season open in all of Units 29, 36A, 37, 37A, 43, 44, 50 & 51. CLOSED in 48 & 49.
- Units 29, 36A, 37, 37A, 43, 44, 50, 51
- All of Units 29, 36A, 37, 37A, 43, 44, 50, 51. Area Size: 4,081,256 acres
No historical hunts resemble this hunt or harvest statistics are not currently available for this opportunity.
Tags, Permits & Fees
Resident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Adult Wolf Tag $11.50 2015
- Adult Wolf Tag $11.50 2014
NonResident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Adult Wolf Tag $31.75 2015
- Adult Wolf Tag $31.75 2014
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS) 52.78%|
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) 30.16%|
|State of Idaho 2.4%|
|U.S. National Park Service (NPS) 0.25%|
|U.S. Bureau of Reclamation (BOR) 0.13%|
|U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) 0.05%|
Make your own map of Units 29, 36A, 37, 37A, 43, 44, 50, 51
Land management via Inside Idaho
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish and Game program designed to improve hunting and fishing access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
- Janss Farms
- Hammett Livestock
- Weatherly Property
- Upper Lemhi Access Area
- Deer Park Creek West of Leadore
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
No National Forest lands overlap this hunt area.
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
- Jim McClure-Jerry Peak Wilderness 94,876 acres (2.32% of hunt area)
- Hemingway-Boulders Wilderness 41,822 acres (1.02% of hunt area)
- White Clouds Wilderness 39,437 acres (0.97% of hunt area)
- Sawtooth Wilderness 4 acres (0% of hunt area)
Land Use/Land Cover
1990 Land Use/Land Cover based on Anderson et al scheme via Idaho Department of Water Resources