Wolf General Any Weapon Season
8/30/2013 - 3/31/2014
- Gray Wolf (Canis lupus)
- Either-sex Wolf
- Either sex may be taken.
- Any Weapon
- Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader, Shotgun, or Handgun.
- Motorized Hunting Rule (MHR): Motorized vehicle use by all big game hunters is restricted to established roadways legally open to travel by full-sized automobiles. The motorized hunting rule applies only to big game animals, including moose, bighorn sheep and mountain goats, in designated units from August 30 through December 31. Learn more about the Motorized hunting Rule at idfg.idaho.gov/hunt/access/motorized-vehicles
Hunting is closed when harvest limit of 10 wolves is reached.
- Beaverhead Zone
- All of Units 30, 30A, 58, 59 and 59A. Area Size: 1,303,685 acres
No historical hunts resemble this hunt or harvest statistics are not currently available for this opportunity.
Tags, Permits & Fees
Resident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Adult Wolf Tag $11.50 2014
- Adult Wolf Tag $11.50 2013
NonResident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Adult Wolf Tag $31.75 2014
- Adult Wolf Tag $31.75 2013
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) 43.47%|
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS) 37.15%|
|U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) 2.28%|
|State of Idaho 2.2%|
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish and Game program designed to improve hunting and fishing access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
There are no wilderness areas in this hunt.
Land Use/Land Cover
|Rangeland 74.76 %|
|Forest 18.74 %|
|Irrigated-Gravity Flow 4.46 %|
|Irrigated-Sprinkler 1.7 %|
|Urban 0.28 %|
1990 Land Use/Land Cover based on Anderson et al scheme via Idaho Department of Water Resources