Furbearer General Any Weapon Season
Southwest Furbearer Region
12/14/2012 - 2/16/2013
- Bobcat (Lynx rufus)
- Either-sex Bobcat
- Either sex may be taken.
- Any Weapon or Trap
- Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader, Shotgun, Handgun or Trap.
No special restrictions.
- Southwest Furbearer Region
- Ada, Adams, Boise, Canyon, Elmore, Gem, Owyhee, Payette, Valley and Washington Counties. Area Size: 14,028,905 acres
No historical hunts resemble this hunt or harvest statistics are not currently available for this opportunity.
Tags, Permits & Fees
No resident tags are necessary.
No non-resident tags are necessary.
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) 36%|
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS) 30.81%|
|State of Idaho 5.63%|
|U.S. Bureau of Reclamation (BOR) 1.81%|
|U.S. Military 0.9%|
|U.S. National Wildlife Refuge 0.01%|
|U.S. Corps of Engineers (COE) 0%|
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish and Game program designed to improve hunting and fishing access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
- Highland Land and Livestock Boise River WMA
- Payne Family Grazing- Pleasant Valley and Thomas Creek
- Mink - East Pine, Advent Gulch, Weiser River
- Van Deusen Ranch - Willow Ridge
- A L Cattle - Shirts Creek
- A L Cattle - Dodson Pass
- Janss Farms
- Hammett Livestock
- Paddock Valley Reservoir
- Osborn Ranch - Indian Valley
- Osborn Ranch - New Meadows
- Osborn Ranch - Six Mile Cr
- Big Foot Bar Boat Ramp -Snake River
- Diamond A Livestock - Little Pilgrim Gulch
- Erskine-Boise River Dixie
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
- Boise National Forest
- Payette National Forest
- Sawtooth National Forest
- Salmon-Challis National Forest
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
- Frank Church - River of No Return Wilderness 740,789 acres (5.28% of hunt area)
- Owyhee River Wilderness 267,263 acres (1.91% of hunt area)
- Sawtooth Wilderness 149,622 acres (1.07% of hunt area)
- Bruneau-Jarbridge Rivers Wilderness 89,788 acres (0.64% of hunt area)
- Big Jacks Creek Wilderness 52,748 acres (0.38% of hunt area)
- Little Jacks Creek Wilderness 50,929 acres (0.36% of hunt area)
- North Fork Owyhee Wilderness 43,413 acres (0.31% of hunt area)
- Hells Canyon Wilderness 22,673 acres (0.16% of hunt area)
- Pole Creek Wilderness 12,533 acres (0.09% of hunt area)
Land Use/Land Cover
|Rangeland 52.62 %|
|Forest 35.8 %|
|Irrigated-Gravity Flow 6.04 %|
|Irrigated-Sprinkler 2.23 %|
|Riparian 1.8 %|
|Urban 0.68 %|
|Dryland Agriculture 0.42 %|
|Water 0.39 %|
|Rock 0.02 %|
1990 Land Use/Land Cover based on Anderson et al scheme via Idaho Department of Water Resources