Wolf General Any Weapon Season
McCall - Weiser Zone
8/30/2012 - 3/31/2013
- Gray Wolf (Canis lupus)
- Either-sex Wolf
- Either sex may be taken.
- Any Weapon
- Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader, Shotgun, or Handgun.
- Motorized Hunting Rule (MHR): Motorized vehicle use by all big game hunters is restricted to established roadways legally open to travel by full-sized automobiles. The motorized hunting rule applies only to big game animals, including moose, bighorn sheep and mountain goats, in designated units from August 30 through December 31. Learn more about the Motorized hunting Rule at idfg.idaho.gov/hunt/access/motorized-vehicles
No harvest limit in this zone. Motorized Vehicle Restriction Units 32 and 32A.
- McCall - Weiser Zone
- All of Units 19A, 22, 23, 24, 25, 31, 32 and 32A. Area Size: 4,145,500 acres
No historical hunts resemble this hunt or harvest statistics are not currently available for this opportunity.
Tags, Permits & Fees
Resident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Adult Wolf Tag $11.50 2013
- Adult Wolf Tag $11.50 2012
NonResident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Adult Wolf Tag $31.75 2013
- Adult Wolf Tag $31.75 2012
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS) 48.38%|
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) 9.99%|
|State of Idaho 5.53%|
|U.S. Bureau of Reclamation (BOR) 0.32%|
|U.S. National Wildlife Refuge 0%|
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish and Game program designed to improve hunting and fishing access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
- Mink - East Pine, Advent Gulch, Weiser River
- Van Deusen Ranch - Willow Ridge
- A L Cattle - Shirts Creek
- A L Cattle - Dodson Pass
- Paddock Valley Reservoir
- Osborn Ranch - Indian Valley
- Osborn Ranch - New Meadows
- Osborn Ranch - Six Mile Cr
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
- Boise National Forest
- Nezperce National Forest
- Payette National Forest
- Salmon-Challis National Forest
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
- Frank Church - River of No Return Wilderness 53,612 acres (1.29% of hunt area)
- Hells Canyon Wilderness 30,120 acres (0.73% of hunt area)
- Gospel Hump Wilderness 73 acres (0% of hunt area)
Land Use/Land Cover
|Forest 57.27 %|
|Rangeland 34.75 %|
|Irrigated-Gravity Flow 5.68 %|
|Irrigated-Sprinkler 0.98 %|
|Water 0.62 %|
|Riparian 0.45 %|
|Urban 0.18 %|
|Dryland Agriculture 0.07 %|
1990 Land Use/Land Cover based on Anderson et al scheme via Idaho Department of Water Resources