Bear General Any Weapon Season
6/16/2012 - 7/31/2012
- Black Bear (Ursus americanus)
- Either-sex Black Bear
- No female black bear accompanied by young may be taken.
- Dog Training
- Dogs may be used for training purposes ONLY.
No special restrictions.
- Unit 44
- All of Unit 44. Area Size: 353,396 acres
No historical hunts resemble this hunt or harvest statistics are not currently available for this opportunity.
Tags, Permits & Fees
Resident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Adult Bear Tag $11.50 2012
- Jr./Sr./DAV Bear Tag $6.75 2012
- Hound Hunter Permit* $12.75 2012
- Bear Bait Permit* $12.75 2012
NonResident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Junior Mentored Bear Tag $23.75 2012
- Adult Bear Tag $186.00 2012
- Bear Bait Permit* $31.75 2012
- Hound Hunter Permit* $169.75 2012
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS) 36.68%|
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) 9.48%|
|State of Idaho 4.74%|
|U.S. Bureau of Reclamation (BOR) 0.59%|
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish and Game program designed to improve hunting and fishing access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
There are no wilderness areas in this hunt.
Land Use/Land Cover
|Rangeland 77.88 %|
|Dryland Agriculture 17.68 %|
|Irrigated-Gravity Flow 1.36 %|
|Irrigated-Sprinkler 1.33 %|
|Forest 0.94 %|
|Water 0.8 %|
1990 Land Use/Land Cover based on Anderson et al scheme via Idaho Department of Water Resources