Elk Controlled Hunt Landowner Permission Required Antlerless Season
Controlled Hunt 2137 - Hunt Area 39-3
12/1/2012 - 12/31/2012
- Elk (Cervus canadensis)
- Antlerless Elk
- Only elk without antlers or with antlers shorter than 6 inches may be taken in any season which is open for antlerless elk only.
- Any Weapon
- Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader, Shotgun, or Handgun.
- Landowner Permission Hunt. Written permission from landowner who owns more than 159 acres in the hunt area is required to apply for this hunt. Landowner Permission Hunt Permits will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis at the Nampa, McCall and headquarters IDFG offices starting July 15. Do not apply for this hunt during the controlled hunt application period.
Landowner Permission Required see page 85 of the Big Game Regulations for details on applying (http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/cms/hunt/rules/bg/ch.pdf)
- Hunt Area 39-3
- That portion of Unit 39 within the following boundary: Beginning at the junction of I-84 and Blacks Creek Road, then east on Blacks Creek Rd to the point where Road 189A intersect the Blacks Creek Road, then east on Road 189A to the intersection with Road 189A3, then south on Road 189A3 to USFS Trail No. 500, then southeast on Trail No. 500 to the point it intersects with Road 167D, then southeast on Road 167D until it interesects the Danskin Lookout Rd (Forest Service Rd 167), then south on the Danskin Lookout Rd to Foothill Rd, then south on Foothill Rd to Martha Ave., then west on Martha Ave to I-84, then northwest on I-84 to the point of beginning. Area Size: 114,400 acres
Controlled Hunt Harvest Statistics
* In 2000 hunter information not collected.
Tags, Permits & Fees
No resident tags are necessary.
No non-resident tags are necessary.
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) 29.31%|
|State of Idaho 11.04%|
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS) 2%|
|U.S. Bureau of Reclamation (BOR) 0.69%|
Make your own map of Controlled Hunt 2137 - Hunt Area 39-3
Land management via Inside Idaho
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish and Game program designed to improve hunting and fishing access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
No properties are currently available in this hunt area.
View all Access Yes Participants.
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
There are no wilderness areas in this hunt.
Land Use/Land Cover
|Rangeland 98.17 %|
|Dryland Agriculture 1.25 %|
|Irrigated-Sprinkler 0.57 %|
|Forest 0.07 %|
1990 Land Use/Land Cover based on Anderson et al scheme via Idaho Department of Water Resources