Furbearer General Any Weapon Season
Magic Valley Furbearer Region
11/1/2011 - 3/31/2012
- Mink (Mustela vison)
- Either-sex Mink
- Either sex may be taken.
- Open to Trapping, Closed to Hunting.
Gooding County: Hagerman WMA, Jan 15-Feb 28.
- Magic Valley Furbearer Region
- Blaine, Camas, Cassia, Gooding, Jerome, Lincoln, Minidoka and Twin Falls Counties. Area Size: 7,383,009 acres
No historical hunts resemble this hunt or harvest statistics are not currently available for this opportunity.
Tags, Permits & Fees
No resident tags are necessary.
No non-resident tags are necessary.
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) 38.24%|
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS) 17.42%|
|U.S. National Park Service (NPS) 4.33%|
|State of Idaho 3.11%|
|U.S. Bureau of Reclamation (BOR) 0.44%|
|U.S. Department of Interior (DOI) 0.09%|
|U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) 0.06%|
|U.S. National Wildlife Refuge 0.03%|
|U.S. Military 0.01%|
Make your own map of Magic Valley Furbearer Region
Land management via Inside Idaho
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish and Game program designed to improve hunting and fishing access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
- Arimo Corp.
- Dry Creek Cattle Assn.
- Vernon Miller
- Janss Farms
- Wood River Land Trust - Draper Wood River Preserve
- Wood River Land Trust - Porcupine Creek Preserve
- Wood River Land Trust - Cowcatcher Ridge
- Weatherly Property
- Fish Creek Angus
- Guerry, Inc.
- The Nature Conservency - Fish Creek
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
- Hemingway-Boulders Wilderness 26,091 acres (0.35% of hunt area)
- Sawtooth Wilderness 13,430 acres (0.18% of hunt area)
Land Use/Land Cover
|Rangeland 58.62 %|
|Irrigated-Gravity Flow 13.24 %|
|Forest 9.94 %|
|Irrigated-Sprinkler 7.8 %|
|Rock 4.3 %|
|Dryland Agriculture 3.8 %|
|Urban 1.06 %|
|Riparian 0.99 %|
|Water 0.23 %|
1990 Land Use/Land Cover based on Anderson et al scheme via Idaho Department of Water Resources