I'm just wondering if there is a biological basis for restricting crow harvest to a short season in the winter. There is certainly no shortage of them.
If I purchase an archery mule deer tag for unit 32a and do not fill it, can I hunt unit 32a again with a rifle during rifle season?
Starting to see a lot of ring-necked doves in southern Idaho, to the point they're becoming a bit of a pest in some places. Are they a game or non-game species and what are the hunting regulations on them?
I was wondering if the fishing season on South Fork Tributaries applied to the Palisades lakes as well. The only exception listed for the lakes is a trout limit of two, so is the season open year-round or not? If the lakes are open year round, what is the season on Palisades creek above the lower lake.
Do you know when we can expect the new big game season and rules book for 2012 to come out?
The Idaho Department of Fish and Game is seeking public comments on proposed changes to the 2012-2013 and 2013-2014 upland game and furbearer seasons.
Interested hunters are encouraged to attend one of the regional open house meetings. So far three meetings have been set. Others will be announced as they are arranged.
- Clearwater Region: 208-799-5010
- Wednesday, December 21 – 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Clearwater Region office, 3316 16th Street in Lewiston.
- Southwest Region: Nampa – 208-465-8465
- Wednesday, January 4 – 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Southwest Region office, 3101 S. Powerline Road, Nampa.
- Upper Snake Region: 208-525-7290
- Wednesday, January 4 – 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Upper Snake Region office, 4279 Commerce Circle, Idaho Falls.
Some ideas that will be considered include:
- Moving upland game bird seasons to the third Saturday in September.
- Increasing the chukar/gray partridge bag limit back up to 8 each.
- Increasing possession limits to three times the daily bag limit.
- Reductions in fall turkey hunting in the Southeast and Southwest regions.
- Increasing otter quotas in the Panhandle, Clearwater and Southeast regions.
- A few changes to areas open or closed to beaver trapping in the Clearwater and Magic Valley Regions.
Anyone unable to attend the open house may submit comments online, by mail to Upland Game Comments, P.O. Box 25, Boise ID 83707, or by contacting regional wildlife managers.
To comment on upland game proposals go to: https://fishandgame.idaho.gov/ifwis/portal/form/uplandsurvey.
To comment on furbearer proposals go to: https://fishandgame.idaho.gov/ifwis/portal/form/furbearersurvey.
The deadline for submitting comments is January 6.
All written comments will be summarized and presented to the Idaho Fish and Game Commission for consideration before seasons are set.