You're welcome to review our March 4 Live Chat on this page. This live chat served as one additional opportunity for sportsmen to comment for the 2015 Big Game season proposals.
All of Idaho's Big Game managers from across the state answered your questions.
The you can still comment on the proposals in the 2015 Season Proposals for each region through March 8. The next comment opportunity will be at the March 23rd public hearing to the Idaho Fish and Game Commisison.
Thank you to all who participated!
Hunters are invited to join an online chat with the Idaho Department of Fish and Game and ask questions, give feedback, and learn more about proposed changes to the 2014 big game hunting seasons in the Southwest Region.
Hunters can chat live with wildlife biologists from the Nampa and McCall offices from noon to 1 p.m., and again from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. (MST) Wednesday, February 26. To participate, return to this page. You can also add your email to a reminder at the event that fits your schedule.
Some proposed changes in the Southwest Region include:
- Considering adjustments to Unit 39 deer and elk hunts
- Considering lengthening the black bear controlled hunt seasons in Weiser River Units
- View all proposed Southwest changes online here https://fishandgame.idaho.gov/content/webform/southwest-proposals-2014-b...
In addition to the live chat, Fish and Game will host public open house meetings throughout the state during February. A complete list of statewide deer, elk, pronghorn, wolf, black bear and mountain lion hunt proposals and a way to submit comments online will be available on the Fish and Game website after February 17.
The Southwest Region is hosting an online live chat as part of the public meetings for proposed big game regulation changes.
Tune in to this website on Tuesday, March 5th between 12:00pm and 2:00pm MT to learn about the proposed changes and get your questions answered.
More information available as it becomes available.
Some proposal highlights in the Southwest Region include:
- Mule Deer - Reducing antlerless hunting opportunity in Unit 39. A second proposal calls for reducing antlerless hunting opportunity in units 22, 31, 32 and 32A.
- Elk - Reducing antlerless hunting opportunity in Unit 39, while a second proposal calls for increasing antlered hunting opportunity in Unit 41.
- Pronghorn - A controlled youth-only archery hunt in Unit 39 with a maximum of five tags available.
- Wolves - A wolf trapping season on private land only in Unit 22.
In general, for your post to be approved, please follow these simple guidelines:
Be respectful. Stay constructive. Stay on topic. No objectionable language.
Comments that violate these guidelines generally will not be made public. You participate at your own risk, and take personal responsibility for your comments, your username, and any information provided.
The Mandatory Harvest Reports Dashboard allows one to view, filter and graph raw uncorrected harvest report submissions.
Updated nightly, this dashboard provides summary numbers for harvest, success and reporting of deer, elk and antelope hunts.