Questions & Answers: hunter ed

Ask Fish and Game is for general questions.
  • Not all questions are answered.
  • Urgent questions should be directed to your nearest office.
  • Some answers change over time; please take note of the "answered-on" date.

Previously answered questions are posted here.

Displaying 1 - 7 of 7 questions
Question Askedsort ascending
A: The Bowhunter Internet Course no longer requires a field day. The course is a self-paced online course for students ages 10 and older. After completion, you will print your certification card online.
A: If you have taken the bowhunter course, passed and printed the certificate you can sign up to take an Idaho Field Day. You will receive an Idaho bowhunter certification card.
A: The parental consent is required for individuals less than eighteen (18) years of age, for use of the online Hunter or Bowhunter Education Course Registration. Anyone under age 18 must bring a signed Parental Acknowledgement Form to their first day or night of the course. Download and print the ...
A: University of Idaho's archery course does not meet Fish and Game's curriculum requirements - it’s more about shooting techniques.  Fish and Game's course is geared for archery hunting  and includes hunter ethics, shot placement and recovery techniques, safety, distance judging, outdoor suvival and ...
A: Volunteer instructors in the Magic Valley Region normally teach two hunter education courses in the Wood River valley annually – one in the spring and one in the summer.  For more information on upcoming courses in your area, please contact the IDFG Magic Valley office (208-324-4359), as they are ...
A: Yes, Fish and Game can help you obtain a new card.  Our Hunter Education records go back to 1978.  Contact Headquarters (208-334-3700) or one of our Fish and Game offices.  They can look up your hunter education number and send you a new card if your information is still on file.
A: No.  Hunter education certification from other states is accepted in Idaho