Questions & Answers: maps

Ask Fish and Game is for general questions.
  • Not all questions are answered.
  • Urgent questions should be directed to your nearest office.
  • Some answers change over time; please take note of the "answered-on" date.

Previously answered questions are posted here.

Displaying 1 - 4 of 4 questions
Question Asked
A: Near the intersection of Units 56, 73A, and 73 the USDA lands appear to be the Curlew National Grasslands.  For more information about the Grasslands, I would contact Caribou-Targee Westside NF Ranger District at: Pocatello Office4350 Cliffs DrivePocatello, Idaho 83204(208) 236-7500 The IDFG Magic ...
A: The Big Eddy hole is located near Lenore Rest Area at milepost 28 on US Highway 12. Fishing from any watercraft is prohibited from a posted boundary at river mile 27.6 extending upstream to the posted boundary at river mile 28.0. See the figure below for details of the exact closure area.  
A: Your best resource is probably the Idaho Huntplanner at There you can find maps of Unit 4A that are larger for printing or interactive so you can zoom in or out.  There are also kml files you can load in google earth or gps units. These links ...
A: The surface management agency layer (simplified landownership/management) is provided as an overlay in the huntplanner mapcenter.  This layer is cached for improved rendering, unfortunately our current server configuration is not ideal, and the firewall setup is not optimal for delivery of a data ...