I'm just wondering what date I can start looking on line to see if I was lucky enough to get a controlled hunt this year.
Draw Results for Controlled Hunts for Deer, Elk, Pronghorn, Fall Bear and Fall Turkey:
Successful applicants will be mailed a postcard in the mail by July 10.
The results will be posted online by July 10 at http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/public/licenses/controlledHunts/?getPage=81.
Mark your calendar for:
• May 1 - June 5 – First deer, elk, pronghorn, fall bear application period.
• July 10 – Winners of first deer, elk, pronghorn drawing notified by this date.
• August 1 – Last date to purchase tags from first deer, elk, pronghorn, fall bear drawing.
• August 5-15 – Second application period for deer, elk, pronghorn, fall bear.
• August 25 – Winners of second drawing for deer, elk, pronghorn, and fall bear will be notified by this date.
• August 25 – Leftover tags from second deer, elk, pronghorn, bear drawing go on sale at 10 a.m.
• August 28 – Residents or nonresidents may buy a leftover nonresident general season deer or elk tag at full nonresident price starting this day, as a second tag. Unsuccessful applicants may participate in general hunts where appropriate tags are available.