Methods of Take (Steelhead)
• Only single-pointed barbless hooks are allowed when fishing for steelhead in the South Fork Clearwater River.
• No person shall kill or retain in possession any steelhead which has been hooked other than in the mouth or jaw. Any steelhead hooked other than in the mouth or jaw must be released. See snagging definition on Page 51.
• Only barbless hooks with a maximum 5/8 inch gap between shank and point may be used when fishing for steelhead in the Salmon and Clearwater river drainages and the Snake River below Hells Canyon Dam. Bending
the barb(s) down to the shank of a single, double, or treble hook will meet this requirement.
• Steelhead may be taken with barbed hooks in the Boise River and the Snake River between Hells Canyon and Oxbow dams.
• Any angler, who has attained the bag, possession, or season limit on those waters with steelhead limits, must cease fishing for steelhead including catch-and-release fishing.