IDAHO WEAPON RESTRICTIONS
Rifle and Shotgun
In any hunt, including any-weapon seasons, it is unlawful to pursue or kill big game animals:
• By any means other than approved firearms, muzzleloaders and archery methods.
• With any electronic device attached to, or incorporated on, the firearm or scope; Except scopes containing battery powered or tritium lighted reticles are allowed.
• With any firearm that, in combination with a scope, sling and/or any attachments, weighs more than 16 pounds.
• With any fully automatic firearm.
• With any shotgun using shot smaller than #00 buck.
• With any rimfire rifle, rimfire handgun, or muzzleloading handgun, except for mountain lion.