i wanted to give away a red ear slider turtle. The pet store said "dont bring it here". they said we need a permit. what if i dont want the turtle anymore?
The red ear slider turtle in an invasive species. Please read the following:
We are allowing people with existing turtles to obtain a "grandfather" permit. It is here: http://www.agri.idaho.gov/AGRI/Categories/Environment/InvasiveSpeciesCou...
It stipulates that:
By signing, you agree to and certify the following:
- That you will not acquire additional Red-Eared Sliders;
- That you will not propagate the Red-Eared Slider(s);
- That you will not sell, give away, or otherwise transfer the Red-Eared Slider(s);
- That you will contact ISDA at the death of the Red-Eared Slider(s); and
- That if you decide to voluntarily surrender possession of the Red-Eared Slider(s) you will contact ISDA to arrange for proper disposal.
- Please contact the Idaho Dept of Agriculture if you have further questions. The number is 332-8620.