Here in Boise today, a moose wandered into town and caused a Twitter sensation and a flurry of phone calls.
This moose made it's way onto the Boise greenbelt, on the east side of town. It crossed the river twice before it was successfully darted and removed. The moose was transported north on Highway 21 and released in a remote area. Idaho Fish and Game, Boise Police Department, Boise Fire Department, and Ada County Dive Team all participated in the successful relocation of the yearling cow which weighed about 400-pounds.
Read more about the event at a sampling of the coverage from Twitter:
- Boise State Public Radio - 'Agitated' Moose Makes Its Way To Boise's Greenbelt Trail
- Boise Weekly - Moose Tours Boise's Greenbelt From Warm Springs Golf Course to Parkcenter
- Idaho Statesman - VIDEO: Moose roams Boise Greenbelt
- KBOI - Boise moose tranquilized, officials to relocate it back into the woods [Video]
- KIVI - Moose loose on Boise Greenbelt
- KTVB - 'Highly agitated' moose tranquilized in Boise
Inside the trailer keeping her cool with ice pic.twitter.com/djUz2fZXc2— Andrea Lutz (@KTVBAndreaLutz) June 10, 2014