Since we first launched the Huntplanner in 2003 we've received a lot of feedback from hunters and other outdoor enthusiasts. Along with your bouquets and brickbats, we receive many great ideas to improve the Huntplanner Map Center.
In this release, our third complete re-write of the Huntplanner Map Center, we've focused on adding the most requested features from your letters:
- Improved display and interactivity on mobile phones and tablets
- Transparency sliders to toggle the opacity of layers
- Create PDF maps for printing and sharing
- Tools to draw on the map and add notes
- Placename and coordinate search
- Measuring tools for distance and area
- More basemap options
- Controlled Hunt overlays by Species
- Areas closed to Hunting
- Geolocation to show your location on the map
We've added all these new features while retaining the existing functionality.
We recognize this is a new product. There will be bugs to work out and adjustments. While we're smoothing the rough edges, the classic Map Center will remain available. We've already received some great feedback from hunters that has helped us improve the new Map Center. If you have ideas or suggestions to make the Map Center better, please let us know!