Wednesday, October 1, 2014
Back to News Release List
Hunters are invited to join an online chat with the Idaho Department of Fish and Game and ask questions, give feedback, and learn more about proposed changes to the 2014 big game hunting seasons in the Southwest Region.
Hunters can chat live with wildlife biologists from the Nampa and McCall offices from noon to 1 p.m., and again from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. (MST) Wednesday, February 26. To participate, go online to Fish and Game's website at http://fishandgame.idaho.gov.
Some proposed changes in the Southwest Region include:
- Considering adjustments to Unit 39 deer and elk hunts.
- Considering lengthening the black bear controlled hunt seasons in Weiser River Units.
In addition to the live chat, Fish and Game will host public open house meetings throughout the state during February. A complete list of statewide deer, elk, pronghorn, wolf, black bear and mountain lion hunt proposals and a way to submit comments online will be available on the Fish and Game website after February 17.
Open house meetings currently scheduled include:
Panhandle Region: 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. (PST)
- February 27: Best Western, 506 W. Appleway Ave. Coeur d' Alene.
Clearwater Region: 5 to 7 p.m. (PST)
- February 18: IDFG Clearwater Region Office, 3316 16th St., Lewiston.
- February 19: Senior Center, 108 N. State St., Grangeville.
- February 20: Latah County Fairgrounds, 1021 Harold Street, Moscow.
- February 25: IDFG Clearwater Hatchery, 118 Hatchery Roe Drive, Orofino.
Southwest Region - McCall: 4 to 7 p.m. (MST)
- February 25: IDFG Office, 555 Deinhard Lane, McCall.
Southwest Region - Nampa: 6 to 8 p.m. (MST)
- February 28: Idaho Sportsman's Show, Expo Idaho Building - Idaho State Fair Grounds.
Magic Valley Region: 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. (MST)
- February 24: Community Campus, Rooms 301 and 302, 1050 Fox Acres Rd., Hailey
- February 25: Burley Inn, Minidoka Room 2, 800 North Overland Ave., Burley
- February 26: IDFG Magic Valley Region Office, 319 South 417 East, Jerome
Southeast Region: 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. (MST)
- February 19: City Hall, Council Chambers, 157 North Broadway, Blackfoot.
- February 20: IDFG Southeast Region Office, 1345 Barton Road, Pocatello.
- February 24: Senior Citizens Center, 26 North Main St., Malad.
- February 25: Larsen-Sant Library, 109 South 1st East, Preston.
- February 26: Senior Center, 60 South Main St., Soda Springs.
- February 27: Bear Lake Senior Center, 115 South 4th St., Montpelier.
Upper Snake Region: All meetings start at 7p.m. (MST)
- February 25: Mackay Jr. & Sr. High School Library, 400 East Spruce St., Mackay.
- February 26: IDFG Upper Snake Region Office, 4279 Commerce Circle, Idaho Falls.
- February 27: Madison Middle School Library, 575 West 7th South, Rexburg.
Salmon Region: 4 to 7 p.m. (MST)
- February 25: IDFG Salmon Region Office, 99 Highway 93 North, Salmon.
- February 26: Challis Community Event Center, 411 Clinic Rd., Challis.
Public comments and suggestions on the proposals are considered an essential part of the season setting process. All comments received will be summarized and forwarded to the Idaho Fish and Game Commission for consideration at their meeting March19-21.
Individuals with disabilities may request meeting accommodations by contacting their local Fish and Game office or through the Idaho Relay Service at 1-800-377-3529 (TDD).