Thursday, July 24, 2014
Back to News Release List
IDAHO FISH AND GAME
Headquarters NEWS RELEASE
2013 super hunt winners announced
After the first Super Hunt drawing of 2013, 26 lucky hunters won the hunt of their dreams.
Winners of Super Hunt tags for a deer, elk, pronghorn or moose can participate in any open hunt in addition to any general season or controlled hunt tags they also hold. All other rules of individual hunts apply.
The results are in from the June drawing:
- Deer tags went to two hunters from Idaho, two from Washington, and one each from Wyoming, Wisconsin, Texas and Nevada.
- Elk tags went to five hunters from Idaho, two from Washington and one from Minnesota.
- Pronghorn tags went to four hunters from Idaho, two from California and one each from Washington and Minnesota.
- A moose tag went to a hunter from California.
- And the Super Combo went to an Idaho hunter.
The number of entries increased by about 17.5 percent over 2012. This year Fish and Game received 41,722 entries for the June drawing. In 2012, there were 35,499 entries.
The special drawings began in 2004 as a way to raise money for the Access Yes! program, which helps assure hunter and angler access to and across private lands by compensating willing landowners.
For information about this program contact local Fish and Game officials or visit the website at: http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/ifwis/huntplanner/accessyesguide.aspx