Friday, December 6, 2013
Back to News Release List
IDAHO FISH AND GAME
Headquarters NEWS RELEASE
f&g wants to talk about elk plan revision
Idaho Fish and Game plans an online chat to talk about the ongoing elk management plan revision.
The online chat will be from 7 to 9 p.m. April 10 and 11; to connect go to http://fishandgame.idaho.gov and click on the link.
Learn about the process, ask questions of Fish and Game's wildlife managers, and share your thoughts about statewide management direction. Plan objectives are in still draft form.
Fish and Game also has set a series of regional open house meetings during April and May. The times and locations are:
Panhandle Region: 3 to 7 p.m. (PDT)
- May 2: Panhandle regional office, 2885 W. Kathleen Ave., Coeur d'Alene.
Clearwater Region: 4 to 7 p.m. (PDT)
- May 16: Hereth Park, 1534 Powers Ave., Lewiston.
- May 23: Riverside Park, Highway 12, Kamiah.
Southeast Region: 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. (MDT)
- May 13: Larsen-Sant Library, 109 South 1st East, Preston.
- May 14: Senior Center, 60 South Main St., Soda Springs.
- May 16: Southeast regional office, Hunter Ed Room, 1345 Barton Road, Pocatello.
Southwest Region: 4 to 8 p.m. (MDT)
- April 22: Fish and Game headquarters, Trophy Room, 600 S. Walnut St., Boise.
- April 24: Southwest regional office, 3101 S. Powerline Road, Nampa.
Southwest Region: 4 to 7 p.m. (MDT)
- May 16: Weiser High School Library, 690 W. Indianhead Road, Weiser.
- May 21: Southwest regional office, 555 Dienhard Lane, McCall.
Magic Valley Region: 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. (MDT)
- May 15: Magic Valley regional office, 324 S. 417 E., Suite #1, Jerome.
Upper Snake Region: 7 to 9 p.m. (MDT)
- May 14: Butte Middle School, 250 South Water St., Arco.
- May 16: Madison Middle School, 575 West 7th South, Rexburg.
- May 22: Upper Snake regional office, 4279 Commerce Circle, Idaho Falls.
Salmon Region: 4 to 7 p.m. (MDT)
- May 21: Salmon regional office, 99 Highway 93 North, Salmon.
- May 22: Challis Community Event Center, Clinic Road, Challis.
Another way to stay informed about the process is to sign up for e-mail updates - also available on the Fish and Game home page.
Idaho's current elk management plan is more than 12 years old. Starting in late 2011, Fish and Game launched an effort to revise and update that plan.
Strategies in the plan will be driven by public expectations and changes in elk populations.
Revisions being considered are based largely on a survey of Idaho elk hunters in the spring and summer of 2012, and in part on changes in habitat, predation and agricultural depredation conflicts.
Comments may be submitted to wildlife managers at regional offices, by e-mail to email@example.com
; by mail to Elk Plan Comments, P.O. Box 25, Boise ID 83707.
To stay informed anyone interested may track the elk planning progress online at http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/elkplanning