Equipment for Muzzleloader-ONLY Hunts
Sunday, October 4, 2015
A muzzle loading rifle or musket which:
- Is capable of being loaded ONLY from the muzzle.
- Is equipped with a single or double-barrel.
- Is loaded ONLY with loose black powder OR other loose synthetic black powder.
- Is loaded with a patched round ball OR a conical, unjacketed projectile comprised wholly of lead or lead alloy. No sabots.
- Is loaded with a projectile that is within .010 of an inch of the bore diameter.
- Is equipped ONLY with a flint OR a percussion cap OR a musket cap. 209 primers are prohibited.
- Is equipped with an ignition system in which any portion of the cap is clearly exposed and visible when the hammer of the weapon is cocked and ready to fire.
- Has no scope, only open or peep sights. Fiber optic open sites are permitted.
- Is free of any electronic devices.
- Is at least forty-five (.45) caliber for deer, antelope, or mountain lion.
- Is at least fifty (.50) caliber for elk, moose, bighorn sheep, mountain goat, or black bear.
These pictures are examples only, and are not a complete list of legal equipment.
These pictures are examples only, and are not a complete list of not-legal equipment.