Wolf General Any Weapon Season
Southern Mountains Zone
8/30/2014 - 3/31/2015
- Gray Wolf (Canis lupus)
- Either-sex Wolf
- Either sex may be taken.
- Any Weapon
- Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader, Shotgun, or Handgun.
- Motorized Hunting Rule (MHR): Motorized vehicle use as an aid to hunting for wildlife is restricted to established roadways open to motorized vehicle traffic capable of travel by full-sized automobiles. A full-size automobile shall be defined as any motorized vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) in excess of 1,500 lbs. Find out more information about hunting with ATVs and the Motor Hunting Restriction at fishgame.idaho.gov/cms/hunt/atv/
Hunting is closed when harvest limit of 40 wolves is reached. Motorized Hunting Restriction Units 29, 30, 30A, 36A, 37, 37A, 48, 49, 50, 51, 58, 59, 59A.
- Southern Mountains Zone
- All of Units 29, 36A, 37, 37A, 43, 44, 48, 49, 50, 51. Area Size: 4,970,206 acres
No historical hunts resemble this hunt or harvest statistics are not currently available for this opportunity.
Tags, Permits & Fees
Resident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Adult Wolf Tag $11.50 2015
- Adult Wolf Tag $11.50 2014
NonResident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Adult Wolf Tag $31.75 2015
- Adult Wolf Tag $31.75 2014
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS) 51.58%|
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) 28.75%|
|State of Idaho 2.83%|
|U.S. National Park Service (NPS) 0.22%|
|U.S. Bureau of Reclamation (BOR) 0.11%|
|U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) 0.04%|
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish and Game program designed to improve hunting and fishing access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
- Dry Creek Cattle Assn.
- Janss Farms
- Wood River Land Trust - Draper Wood River Preserve
- Wood River Land Trust - Porcupine Creek Preserve
- Wood River Land Trust - Cowcatcher Ridge
- Weatherly Property
- Fish Creek Angus
- Upper Lemhi Access Area
- Deer Park Creek West of Leadore
- The Nature Conservency - Fish Creek
- Hammett Livestock
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
No National Forest lands overlap this hunt area.
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
- Jim McClure-Jerry Peak Wilderness 94,910 acres (1.91% of hunt area)
- Hemingway-Boulders Wilderness 67,982 acres (1.37% of hunt area)
- White Clouds Wilderness 39,403 acres (0.79% of hunt area)
Land Use/Land Cover
1990 Land Use/Land Cover based on Anderson et al scheme via Idaho Department of Water Resources
Lodging, Camping, Restaurants & Other Services
- No services available