Wolf General Any Weapon Season
Palouse - Hells Canyon Zone
8/30/2014 - 3/31/2015
- Gray Wolf (Canis lupus)
- Either-sex Wolf
- Either sex may be taken.
- Any Weapon
- Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader, Shotgun, or Handgun.
No harvest limit in this zone.
- Palouse - Hells Canyon Zone
- All of Units 8, 8A, 11, 11A, 13 and 18. Area Size: 2,375,611 acres
No historical hunts resemble this hunt or harvest statistics are not currently available for this opportunity.
Tags, Permits & Fees
Resident Tags, Permits & Fees
- Adult Wolf Tag $11.50 2015
- Adult Wolf Tag $11.50 2014
NonResident Tags, Permits & Fees
- Adult Wolf Tag $31.75 2015
- Adult Wolf Tag $31.75 2014
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM)||3.04 %|
|U.S. Corps of Engineers (COE)||0.61 %|
|Indian Reservation||3.57 %|
|State of Idaho||7.65 %|
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS)||11.97 %|
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish & Game program designed to improve sportsmen's access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
No properties are currently available in this hunt area.
View all Access Yes Participants.
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
Hells Canyon Wilderness
57,909 acres (0.66% of hunt area)
Land Use/Land Cover
|Dryland Agriculture||59.26 %|
Lodging, Camping, Restaurants & Other Services
- Cities in Palouse - Hells Canyon Zone
- Cities within 25 mi.
- Cities within 50 mi.
- Make your own maps of this hunt area in the IDFG Map Center.
- Download a KMZ file for you GPS or viewing in Google Earth Download KMZ (Google Earth).
- Driving Directions to this hunt provided by MapQuest
- Current road conditions from the Idaho Department of Transportation.