Lion General Any Weapon Season
8/30/2014 - 6/30/2015
- Mountain Lion (Felis concolor)
- Either-sex Mountain Lion
- Neither spotted mountain lion young nor female mountain lions accompanied by young may be taken.
- Any Weapon
- Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader, Shotgun, or Handgun.
- In units 6, 7 9, 10, 12, 16A, 17, 19, 20, 20A, 26, and 27, and in that portion of Unit 16 north of the Selway River, nonresidents may use reduced bear or reduced mountain lion tags. Additionally, nonresident reduced bear tags may be usedin Units 4 and 4A. Reduced bear and reduced mountain lion tags are valid only in these units. To hunt bears and lions in any other unit, hunters must purchase a regualr bear or lion tag at the regular price.
- A second animal may be taken in all or part of this unit. Appropriate tags are required for all kills.
- Dogs Prohibited.
Electronic calls may be used. Dogs prohibited Oct. 10 - Dec. 1. Second tag may be used.
- Unit 9
- All of Unit 9. Area Size: 129,273 acres
General Season Harvest Statistics
* In 2000 hunter information not collected.
Big Game Mortality Reports
|Weapon||Year||Unit||Harvest||Avg. Days||Guided||Predator Call||Bait||Hound|
* Includes all animals harvested regardless of sex or special restrictions.
Tags, Permits & Fees
Resident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Adult Mountain Lion Tag $11.50 2015
- Adult Mountain Lion Tag $11.50 2014
- Hound Hunter Permit* $12.75 2015
- Hound Hunter Permit* $12.75 2014
NonResident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Adult Mountain Lion Tag $186.00 2015
- Adult Mountain Lion Tag $186.00 2014
- Hound Hunter Permit* $169.75 2015
- Hound Hunter Permit* $169.75 2014
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS) 78.68%|
|State of Idaho 9.18%|
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish and Game program designed to improve hunting and fishing access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
No properties are currently available in this hunt area.
View all Access Yes Participants.
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
There are no wilderness areas in this hunt.
Land Use/Land Cover
|Forest 100 %|
1990 Land Use/Land Cover based on Anderson et al scheme via Idaho Department of Water Resources
Lodging, Camping, Restaurants & Other Services
- Cities within 25 mi.
- Cities within 50 mi.