Bear General Any Weapon Season
6/16/2014 - 7/31/2014
- Black Bear (Ursus americanus)
- Either-sex Black Bear
- No female black bear accompanied by young may be taken.
- Dog Training
- Dogs may be used for training purposes ONLY.
- Motorized Hunting Rule (MHR): Motorized vehicle use as an aid to hunting for wildlife is restricted to established roadways open to motorized vehicle traffic capable of travel by full-sized automobiles. A full-size automobile shall be defined as any motorized vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) in excess of 1,500 lbs. Find out more information about hunting with ATVs and the Motor Hunting Restriction at fishgame.idaho.gov/cms/hunt/atv/
- Unit 50
- All of Unit 50. Area Size: 1,056,172 acres
No historical hunts resemble this hunt or harvest statistics are not currently available for this opportunity.
Tags, Permits & Fees
Resident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Adult Bear Tag $11.50 2014
- Jr./Sr./DAV Bear Tag $6.75 2014
- Hound Hunter Permit* $12.75 2014
- Bear Bait Permit* $12.75 2014
NonResident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Junior Mentored Bear Tag $23.75 2014
- Adult Bear Tag $186.00 2014
- Bear Bait Permit* $31.75 2014
- Hound Hunter Permit* $169.75 2014
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS) 50.62%|
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) 29.31%|
|State of Idaho 1.66%|
|U.S. National Park Service (NPS) 0.98%|
|U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) 0.01%|
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish and Game program designed to improve hunting and fishing access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
No properties are currently available in this hunt area.
View all Access Yes Participants.
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
- Jim McClure-Jerry Peak Wilderness 18,485 acres (1.75% of hunt area)
Land Use/Land Cover
|Rangeland 73.6 %|
|Forest 11.52 %|
|Irrigated-Sprinkler 6.64 %|
|Irrigated-Gravity Flow 5.11 %|
|Riparian 1.81 %|
|Rock 1.21 %|
|Water 0.12 %|
1990 Land Use/Land Cover based on Anderson et al scheme via Idaho Department of Water Resources
Lodging, Camping, Restaurants & Other Services
- Cities in Unit 50
- Cities within 25 mi.
- Cities within 50 mi.