Bear General Any Weapon Season
7/1/2014 - 7/31/2014
- Black Bear (Ursus americanus)
- Either-sex Black Bear
- No female black bear accompanied by young may be taken.
- Dog Training
- Dogs may be used for training purposes ONLY.
No special restrictions.
- Unit 63
- All of Unit 63. Area Size: 1,285,489 acres
No historical hunts resemble this hunt or harvest statistics are not currently available for this opportunity.
Tags, Permits & Fees
Resident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Adult Bear Tag $11.50 2014
- Jr./Sr./DAV Bear Tag $6.75 2014
- Hound Hunter Permit* $12.75 2014
- Bear Bait Permit* $12.75 2014
NonResident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Junior Mentored Bear Tag $23.75 2014
- Adult Bear Tag $186.00 2014
- Bear Bait Permit* $31.75 2014
- Hound Hunter Permit* $169.75 2014
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) 35.67%|
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) 20.86%|
|State of Idaho 7.52%|
|U.S. National Wildlife Refuge 0.09%|
|U.S. Military 0.08%|
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish & Game program designed to improve sportsmen's access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
No properties are currently available in this hunt area.
View all Access Yes Participants.
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
No National Forest lands overlap this hunt area.
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
There are no wilderness areas in this hunt.
Land Use/Land Cover
|Rangeland 60.03 %|
|Irrigated-Sprinkler 20.79 %|
|Irrigated-Gravity Flow 8.42 %|
|Rock 7.65 %|
|Riparian 1.74 %|
|Dryland Agriculture 1.23 %|
|Urban 0.14 %|
Lodging, Camping, Restaurants & Other Services
- Cities in Unit 63
- Cities within 25 mi.
- Cities within 50 mi.
- Make your own maps of this hunt area in the IDFG Map Center.
- Download a KMZ file for you GPS or viewing in Google Earth Download KMZ (Google Earth).
- Driving Directions to this hunt provided by MapQuest
- Current road conditions from the Idaho Department of Transportation.