Elk Controlled Hunt Landowner Permission Required Extra Antlerless Season
Controlled Hunt 2168 - Hunt Area 45X*
8/1/2014 - 10/31/2014
- Elk (Cervus canadensis)
- Antlerless Elk
- Only elk without antlers or with antlers shorter than 6 inches may be taken in any season which is open for antlerless elk only.
- Any Weapon
- Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader, Shotgun, or Handgun.
- Landowner Permission Hunt. Written permission from landowner who owns more than 159 acres in the hunt area is required to apply for this hunt. Landowner Permission Hunt Permits will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis at the Nampa, McCall and headquarters IDFG offices starting July 15. Do not apply for this hunt during the controlled hunt application period.
Private land ONLY. Landowner Permission Required see page 111 of the Big Game Regulations for details on applying (http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/cms/hunt/rules/bg/ch.pdf)
- Hunt Area 45X*
- Private lands within Unit 45. Area Size: 831,834 acres
Controlled Hunt Harvest Statistics
* In 2000 hunter information not collected.
Tags, Permits & Fees
No resident tags are necessary.
No non-resident tags are necessary.
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) 57.37%|
|State of Idaho 6.29%|
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS) 0.51%|
|U.S. Bureau of Reclamation (BOR) 0.19%|
Make your own map of Controlled Hunt 2168 - Hunt Area 45X*
Land management via Inside Idaho
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish and Game program designed to improve hunting and fishing access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
There are no wilderness areas in this hunt.
Land Use/Land Cover
|Rangeland 78.42 %|
|Irrigated-Sprinkler 6.98 %|
|Dryland Agriculture 6.54 %|
|Irrigated-Gravity Flow 3.74 %|
|Riparian 3.63 %|
|Forest 0.35 %|
|Water 0.25 %|
|Urban 0.08 %|
1990 Land Use/Land Cover based on Anderson et al scheme via Idaho Department of Water Resources
Lodging, Camping, Restaurants & Other Services
- Cities in Controlled Hunt 2168 - Hunt Area 45X*
- Cities within 25 mi.
- Cities within 50 mi.