Elk General A Tag Season
Units 23*, 24*
8/15/2014 - 9/30/2014
- Elk (Cervus canadensis)
- Antlerless Elk
- Only elk without antlers or with antlers shorter than 6 inches may be taken in any season which is open for antlerless elk only.
- Archery, Muzzleloader, or Shotgun ONLY.
No special restrictions.
- Units 23*, 24*
- Hunting is only allowed outside National Forest boundaries in Units 23 and 24. The National Forest Boundary is a legislatively set boundary -- it is not necessarily the boundary of Forest Service property. State, private and other lands within the National Forest Boundary are not open to hunting during this season. (Please refer to a U.S. Forest Service travel plan map for the location of this boundary.) Area Size: 448,396 acres
No historical hunts resemble this hunt or harvest statistics are not currently available for this opportunity.
Tags, Permits & Fees
Resident Tags, Permits & Fees
- Adult Elk Tag $30.75 2014
- Jr./Sr./DAV Elk Tag $16.50 2014
NonResident Tags, Permits & Fees
- Junior Mentored Elk Tag $39.75 2014
- Adult Elk Tag $416.75 2014
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM)||6.9 %|
|U.S. Bureau of Reclamation (BOR)||6.28 %|
|State of Idaho||12.49 %|
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS)||0.29 %|
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish & Game program designed to improve sportsmen's access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
No properties are currently available in this hunt area.
View all Access Yes Participants.
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
There are no wilderness areas in this hunt.
Land Use/Land Cover
|Irrigated-Gravity Flow||23.25 %|
Lodging, Camping, Restaurants & Other Services
- Cities in Units 23*, 24*
- Cities within 25 mi.
- Cities within 50 mi.
- Boise, pop. 189,847
- Meridian, pop. 39,067
- Caldwell, pop. 29,466
- Eagle, pop. 13,659
- Garden City, pop. 10,985
- Payette, pop. 7,148
- Emmett, pop. 5,752
- Weiser, pop. 5,367
- Fruitland, pop. 3,978
- Grangeville, pop. 3,160
- New Plymouth, pop. 1,386
- Cottonwood, pop. 936
- Elk City, pop. 743
- Kooskia, pop. 670
- Idaho City, pop. 483
- Cambridge, pop. 354
- Stanley, pop. 95
- Make your own maps of this hunt area in the IDFG Map Center.
- Download a KMZ file for you GPS or viewing in Google Earth Download KMZ (Google Earth).
- Driving Directions to this hunt provided by MapQuest
- Current road conditions from the Idaho Department of Transportation.