Deer General Short-Range Weapon Season
11/10/2014 - 12/9/2014
- White-Tailed Deer (Odocoileus virginianus)
- Either-sex White-tailed Deer
- Either sex may be taken.
- Archery, Muzzleloader, or Shotgun ONLY.
- Very limited access due to few roads, and private property. Only a portion of the unit is open to hunting
- Motorized Hunting Rule (MHR): Motorized vehicle use as an aid to hunting for wildlife is restricted to established roadways open to motorized vehicle traffic capable of travel by full-sized automobiles. A full-size automobile shall be defined as any motorized vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) in excess of 1,500 lbs. Find out more information about hunting with ATVs and the Motor Hunting Restriction at fishgame.idaho.gov/cms/hunt/atv/
- Unit 30A
- All of Unit 30A. Area Size: 176,155 acres
No historical hunts resemble this hunt or harvest statistics are not currently available for this opportunity.
Tags, Permits & Fees
Resident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Adult Deer Tag $19.75 2014
- Jr./Sr./DAV Deer Tag $10.75 2014
NonResident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Junior Mentored Deer Tag $23.75 2014
- Adult Deer Tag $301.75 2014
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) 52.32%|
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS) 32.31%|
|State of Idaho 3.42%|
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish and Game program designed to improve hunting and fishing access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
There are no wilderness areas in this hunt.
Land Use/Land Cover
|Rangeland 75.36 %|
|Forest 17.81 %|
|Irrigated-Sprinkler 6.24 %|
|Irrigated-Gravity Flow 0.46 %|
|Urban 0 %|
1990 Land Use/Land Cover based on Anderson et al scheme via Idaho Department of Water Resources