Wolf General Any Weapon Season
11/15/2013 - 3/31/2014
- Gray Wolf (Canis lupus)
- Either-sex Wolf
- Either sex may be taken.
- Open to Trapping, Closed to Hunting.
Foothold traps ONLY, EXCEPT snares may be used on Private Land and in that portion of Unit 28 within designated wilderness.
- Salmon Zone
- All of Units 21, 21A, 28 and 36B. Area Size: 1,696,924 acres
No historical hunts resemble this hunt or harvest statistics are not currently available for this opportunity.
Tags, Permits & Fees
Resident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Adult Wolf Tag $11.50 2014
- Adult Wolf Tag $11.50 2013
NonResident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Adult Wolf Tag $31.75 2014
- Adult Wolf Tag $31.75 2013
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS) 82.6%|
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) 12.39%|
|State of Idaho 0.35%|
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish & Game program designed to improve sportsmen's access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
- Frank Church - River of No Return Wilderness 188,493 acres (11.11% of hunt area)
Land Use/Land Cover
|Forest 80.03 %|
|Rangeland 17.2 %|
|Irrigated-Gravity Flow 1.72 %|
|Irrigated-Sprinkler 0.79 %|
|Riparian 0.18 %|
|Urban 0.04 %|
|Water 0.01 %|
Lodging, Camping, Restaurants & Other Services
- Make your own maps of this hunt area in the IDFG Map Center.
- Download a KMZ file for you GPS or viewing in Google Earth Download KMZ (Google Earth).
- Driving Directions to this hunt provided by MapQuest
- Current road conditions from the Idaho Department of Transportation.