Wolf General Any Weapon Season
Palouse - Hells Canyon Zone
8/30/2013 - 3/31/2014
- Gray Wolf (Canis lupus)
- Either-sex Wolf
- Either sex may be taken.
- Any Weapon
- Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader, Shotgun, or Handgun.
No harvest limit in this zone.
- Palouse - Hells Canyon Zone
- All of Units 8, 8A, 11, 11A, 13 and 18. Area Size: 2,375,611 acres
No historical hunts resemble this hunt or harvest statistics are not currently available for this opportunity.
Tags, Permits & Fees
Resident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Adult Wolf Tag $11.50 2014
- Adult Wolf Tag $11.50 2013
NonResident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Adult Wolf Tag $31.75 2014
- Adult Wolf Tag $31.75 2013
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS) 11.75%|
|State of Idaho 7.43%|
|Indian Reservation 3.29%|
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) 2.53%|
|U.S. Bureau of Reclamation (BOR) 1.45%|
|U.S. Corps of Engineers (COE) 0.13%|
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish and Game program designed to improve hunting and fishing access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
- West of Waha and Miller Road - Ten Mile Canyon and Fields to the South
- Petersen Loop
- Palouse River Upland Game Area
- Genesee Area
- Whitebird Hill and Joseph Plains/Boles
- Salmon River and Grave Creek
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
- Hells Canyon Wilderness 57,909 acres (2.44% of hunt area)
Land Use/Land Cover
|Dryland Agriculture 59.26 %|
|Forest 29.23 %|
|Rangeland 10.62 %|
|Urban 0.51 %|
|Water 0.35 %|
|Irrigated-Sprinkler 0.01 %|
1990 Land Use/Land Cover based on Anderson et al scheme via Idaho Department of Water Resources
Lodging, Camping, Restaurants & Other Services
- Cities in Palouse - Hells Canyon Zone
- Cities within 25 mi.
- Cities within 50 mi.