Lion General Any Weapon Season
8/30/2013 - 3/31/2014
- Mountain Lion (Felis concolor)
- Either-sex Mountain Lion
- Neither spotted mountain lion young nor female mountain lions accompanied by young may be taken.
- Any Weapon
- Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader, Shotgun, or Handgun.
- Motorized Hunting Rule (MHR): Motorized vehicle use as an aid to hunting for wildlife is restricted to established roadways open to motorized vehicle traffic capable of travel by full-sized automobiles. A full-size automobile shall be defined as any motorized vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) in excess of 1,500 lbs. Find out more information about hunting with ATVs and the Motor Hunting Restriction at fishgame.idaho.gov/cms/hunt/atv/
- Dogs Prohibited.
Dogs prohibited Oct. 1 - Nov. 30
- Unit 68
- All of Unit 68. (Caution: Craters of the Moon National Park is CLOSED) Area Size: 1,162,497 acres
General Season Harvest Statistics
* In 2000 hunter information not collected.
Tags, Permits & Fees
Resident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Adult Mountain Lion Tag $11.50 2014
- Adult Mountain Lion Tag $11.50 2013
- Hound Hunter Permit* $12.75 2014
- Hound Hunter Permit* $12.75 2013
NonResident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Adult Mountain Lion Tag $186.00 2014
- Adult Mountain Lion Tag $186.00 2013
- Hound Hunter Permit* $169.75 2014
- Hound Hunter Permit* $169.75 2013
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) 54.57%|
|U.S. National Park Service (NPS) 6.72%|
|U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) 6.17%|
|State of Idaho 2.13%|
|U.S. Bureau of Reclamation (BOR) 0.34%|
|U.S. National Wildlife Refuge 0.03%|
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish and Game program designed to improve hunting and fishing access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
No properties are currently available in this hunt area.
View all Access Yes Participants.
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
No National Forest lands overlap this hunt area.
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
There are no wilderness areas in this hunt.
Land Use/Land Cover
|Rangeland 68.01 %|
|Irrigated-Sprinkler 23.13 %|
|Rock 6.86 %|
|Irrigated-Gravity Flow 1.51 %|
|Dryland Agriculture 0.41 %|
|Water 0.09 %|
|Urban 0.03 %|
|Riparian 0.03 %|
1990 Land Use/Land Cover based on Anderson et al scheme via Idaho Department of Water Resources
Lodging, Camping, Restaurants & Other Services
- Cities in Unit 68
- Cities within 25 mi.
- Cities within 50 mi.