Lion General Any Weapon Season
2/17/2014 - 3/31/2014
- Mountain Lion (Felis concolor)
- Either-sex Mountain Lion
- Neither spotted mountain lion young nor female mountain lions accompanied by young may be taken.
- Dog Training
- Dogs may be used for training purposes ONLY.
No special restrictions.
- Unit 6
- All of Unit 6. Area Size: 673,825 acres
No historical hunts resemble this hunt or harvest statistics are not currently available for this opportunity.
Tags, Permits & Fees
Resident Tags, Permits & Fees
- Adult Mountain Lion Tag $11.50 2014
- Hound Hunter Permit* $12.75 2014
NonResident Tags, Permits & Fees
- Adult Mountain Lion Tag $186.00 2014
- Hound Hunter Permit* $169.75 2014
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|Indian Reservation||0.49 %|
|State of Idaho||10.19 %|
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM)||3.81 %|
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS)||40.9 %|
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish & Game program designed to improve sportsmen's access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
- Mica Creek Drainage on St. Joe River
- Hugas Creek & St. Joe River Basin
- Trout Creek Drainage (St. Joe)
- John Creek Drainage
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
There are no wilderness areas in this hunt.
Land Use/Land Cover
|Dryland Agriculture||3.2 %|
Lodging, Camping, Restaurants & Other Services
- Cities in Unit 6
- St. Maries, pop. 2,586
- Cities within 25 mi.
- Cities within 50 mi.
- Make your own maps of this hunt area in the IDFG Map Center.
- Download a KMZ file for you GPS or viewing in Google Earth Download KMZ (Google Earth).
- Driving Directions to this hunt provided by MapQuest
- Current road conditions from the Idaho Department of Transportation.