Lion General Any Weapon Season
2/17/2014 - 3/31/2014
- Mountain Lion (Felis concolor)
- Either-sex Mountain Lion
- Neither spotted mountain lion young nor female mountain lions accompanied by young may be taken.
- Dog Training
- Dogs may be used for training purposes ONLY.
No special restrictions.
- Unit 4
- All of Unit 4. Area Size: 787,905 acres
No historical hunts resemble this hunt or harvest statistics are not currently available for this opportunity.
Tags, Permits & Fees
Resident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Adult Mountain Lion Tag $11.50 2014
- Hound Hunter Permit* $12.75 2014
NonResident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Adult Mountain Lion Tag $186.00 2014
- Hound Hunter Permit* $169.75 2014
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS) 68.99%|
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) 6.54%|
|State of Idaho 3.75%|
|U.S. Bureau of Reclamation (BOR) 0.47%|
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish and Game program designed to improve hunting and fishing access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
There are no wilderness areas in this hunt.
Land Use/Land Cover
|Forest 93.19 %|
|Rangeland 2.5 %|
|Urban 1.82 %|
|Riparian 1.76 %|
|Dryland Agriculture 0.7 %|
|Water 0 %|
1990 Land Use/Land Cover based on Anderson et al scheme via Idaho Department of Water Resources
Lodging, Camping, Restaurants & Other Services
- Cities in Unit 4
- Cities within 25 mi.
- Cities within 50 mi.