Bear General Any Weapon Season
5/23/2013 - 7/31/2013
- Black Bear (Ursus americanus)
- Either-sex Black Bear
- No female black bear accompanied by young may be taken.
- Dog Training
- Dogs may be used for training purposes ONLY.
- Motorized Hunting Rule (MHR): Motorized vehicle use as an aid to hunting for wildlife is restricted to established roadways open to motorized vehicle traffic capable of travel by full-sized automobiles. A full-size automobile shall be defined as any motorized vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) in excess of 1,500 lbs. Find out more information about hunting with ATVs and the Motor Hunting Restriction at fishgame.idaho.gov/cms/hunt/atv/
- Bait Prohibited.
- Unit 32
- All of Unit 32. Area Size: 922,507 acres
No historical hunts resemble this hunt or harvest statistics are not currently available for this opportunity.
Tags, Permits & Fees
Resident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Adult Bear Tag $11.50 2013
- Jr./Sr./DAV Bear Tag $6.75 2013
- Hound Hunter Permit* $12.75 2013
- Bear Bait Permit* $12.75 2013
NonResident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Junior Mentored Bear Tag $23.75 2013
- Adult Bear Tag $186.00 2013
- Bear Bait Permit* $31.75 2013
- Hound Hunter Permit* $169.75 2013
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) 22.59%|
|State of Idaho 5.1%|
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS) 0.91%|
|U.S. Bureau of Reclamation (BOR) 0.24%|
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish & Game program designed to improve sportsmen's access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
- Mink - East Pine, Advent Gulch, Weiser River
- Van Deusen Ranch - Willow Ridge
- A L Cattle - Dodson Pass
- Paddock Valley Reservoir
- Osborn Ranch - Indian Valley
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
There are no wilderness areas in this hunt.
Land Use/Land Cover
|Rangeland 84.37 %|
|Irrigated-Gravity Flow 9.33 %|
|Irrigated-Sprinkler 3.3 %|
|Forest 1.51 %|
|Urban 0.68 %|
|Water 0.48 %|
|Dryland Agriculture 0.26 %|
|Riparian 0.07 %|
Lodging, Camping, Restaurants & Other Services
- Cities in Unit 32
- Cities within 25 mi.
- Boise, pop. 189,847
- Nampa, pop. 60,259
- Meridian, pop. 39,067
- Caldwell, pop. 29,466
- Garden City, pop. 10,985
- Kuna, pop. 7,773
- Fruitland, pop. 3,978
- Homedale, pop. 2,536
- Garden Valley, pop. 2,000
- Parma, pop. 1,804
- Wilder, pop. 1,472
- New Plymouth, pop. 1,386
- Cascade, pop. 962
- Marsing, pop. 942
- Council, pop. 772
- Idaho City, pop. 483
- Lowman, pop. 210
- Cities within 50 mi.
- Make your own maps of this hunt area in the IDFG Map Center.
- Download a KMZ file for you GPS or viewing in Google Earth Download KMZ (Google Earth).
- Driving Directions to this hunt provided by MapQuest
- Current road conditions from the Idaho Department of Transportation.