Elk Controlled Hunt Landowner Permission Required Extra Antlerless Season
Controlled Hunt 2173 - Hunt Area 54-1X*
8/1/2013 - 9/30/2013
- Elk (Cervus canadensis)
- Antlerless Elk
- Only elk without antlers or with antlers shorter than 6 inches may be taken in any season which is open for antlerless elk only.
- Any Weapon
- Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader, Shotgun, or Handgun.
- Landowner Permission Hunt. Written permission from landowner who owns more than 159 acres in the hunt area is required to apply for this hunt. Landowner Permission Hunt Permits will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis at the Nampa, McCall and headquarters IDFG offices starting July 15. Do not apply for this hunt during the controlled hunt application period.
Private land ONLY. Landowner Permission Required see page 97 of the Big Game Regulations for details on applying (http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/cms/hunt/rules/bg/ch.pdf)
- Hunt Area 54-1X*
- Private land within Units 46, 47, 54, 55 and 57 and private land within that portion of Unit 41 east of the West Fork Bruneau River. Area Size: 3,802,662 acres
Controlled Hunt Harvest Statistics
* In 2000 hunter information not collected.
Tags, Permits & Fees
No resident tags are necessary.
No non-resident tags are necessary.
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) 51.13%|
|U.S. Forest Service (USFS) 11.75%|
|State of Idaho 3.65%|
|U.S. Military 3.03%|
|U.S. Department of Interior (DOI) 0.74%|
|U.S. National Park Service (NPS) 0.33%|
|U.S. Bureau of Reclamation (BOR) 0.15%|
|U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) 0.12%|
Make your own map of Controlled Hunt 2173 - Hunt Area 54-1X*
Land management via Inside Idaho
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish and Game program designed to improve hunting and fishing access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
- Arimo Corp.
- Diamond A Livestock
- Guerry, Inc.
- Tom Billington
- Diamond A Livestock - Little Pilgrim Gulch
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
- Bruneau-Jarbridge Rivers Wilderness 60,203 acres (1.58% of hunt area)
Land Use/Land Cover
|Rangeland 70.98 %|
|Irrigated-Gravity Flow 10.31 %|
|Forest 7.76 %|
|Irrigated-Sprinkler 5.9 %|
|Riparian 1.91 %|
|Urban 1.63 %|
|Dryland Agriculture 1.35 %|
|Rock 0.09 %|
|Water 0.06 %|
1990 Land Use/Land Cover based on Anderson et al scheme via Idaho Department of Water Resources
Lodging, Camping, Restaurants & Other Services
- Cities in Controlled Hunt 2173 - Hunt Area 54-1X*
- Cities within 25 mi.
- Cities within 50 mi.